Monday, April 11, 2011

Color At Last

Looking out the window or walking down the street these days here on the East End, the landscape is still cloaked in grey. Grey skies, grey shingles, grey branches. Since I usually shoot in color, it hasn't been easy for me to find images in recent months.
I've been dreaming of April and the colors of spring. Like most, I forget that April is perhaps the greyest of months.
Therefore, on a walk in the Quogue Wildlife Preserve this past Saturday with a friend, I was determined to find some color. One of few sunny days of late, I could at least count on the blue sky. But again, the greyness enveloped me.
"Could you help me look for some color," I asked my friend who can be quite observant.
A few minutes later, he pointed out some red branches poking through.
"Thanks," I sighed moving in close.

No comments:

Post a Comment