Saturday, March 10, 2012

Angel

During the past week or so I have been editing the Phantom images that I took while on my trip down south last month. After going on a photography trip, it's best to let your work rest for a while before taking a serious look. That rest provides distance from the personal experience and allows you to develop an objective viewpoint towards the imagery.
Here is a perfect example of an image that I might have discarded at first if I didn't give it some time. In my viewfinder, it had appeared as a fuzzy white blob in the center of the frame at its inception. It wasn't until I projected it on my monitor that I could appreciate how she had sprouted wings and swirled down the staircase mirroring the blacks, white, and grey tones around her. Now, this angel has become one of my favorites!

2 comments: